The Lord of the Rings Statue 1/6 The Dead Marshes 64 cm
In this dank swamp the dead warriors of long ago lie as they fell: Orcs, Elves and Men. Cold flames flicker over their unnaturally immutable remains and lifeless white eyes beckon travellers to a watery doom.
With no other way open, Sam and Frodo must make their way through the marshes with Gollum as their guide. Mount Doom is their goal, and the One Ring their precious charge: a quest demanding secrecy and stealth.
The Hobbits must trust the word and eye of their treacherous advisor, who has been this way before and knows its secret ways. Yet with each step the Ring weighs heavier on Frodo and the eldritch magic of the mire calls out to him, drawing him to the water, where green hands hang ready to pull him under, dragging him down to a cold wet grave.
As we follow Frodo's journey with the ring, Sam and Frodo were far from home, far from friends, and far from safety. Although the young Hobbit had many brushes with death, the Dead Marshes were a visceral and physical manifestation of his decent into despair.
Capitalizing on the environment's mystical nature, and undead spirits haunting the waters below, we wanted to display the two worlds that often overlap in Middle-earth: the magical and the mundane. Above the waters, Sam and Gollum desperately reach out to rescue the sinking Hobbit. Below the waters, wraiths pull Frodo further into the depths. Representing those two contrasting worlds in one scene proved pivotal in creating this collectible.
Using every tool and technique available, exploring lighting options and paint schemes, experimenting with materials, and pushing the boundaries of how we make collectibles elevated this Masters Collection to a new level.
The Dead Marshes invites you to explore every inch, view from every angle, with every component laid bare, to truly do the scene the justice it deserves. In an instant of terror and tension, no detail can be missed.
- Edition Size: 550
- Dimensions: 37 x 64 x 37 cm
- 1:6 scale statue
- Made from high quality polystone
- Sculpted physically by Middle-earth veterans Brigitte Wuest, Gary Hunt and Shaun Bolton
- Depicts both the natural and mystical sides of Middle-earth, as seen above and below the water
- Including five characters and three unique materials, within a dynamic environment
- Spirits of the dead can be seen beneath the water, tucked between the gnarled roots
- Unique lighting combined with expert paint application brings the underwater action to life
- LED powered, flickering flames and ambient underwater environment (universal power adaptor included)
Please note: Due to the small edition size and the great demand for this item, allocations are possible.
Please note: Due to the size of this item, additional shipping costs will apply. Apart from your location, the actual package size and weight is needed to determine those costs. Both are unknown at this point and may not be available until the product arrives in our warehouse.